When The Ink Runs Dry All Is Lost

Monday, October 05, 2009

Good Night Daddy

With my flash light I hide under the covers to read
I poke my head out just enough to see your light on
I know you are still awake I can smell the cigarette smoke
In my over sized pajamas I sneak in to your room
You know I'm there but you don't say anything not yet
I get to where Max the big bad guard dog sleeps
You lean over and say "You couldn't sleep either?"
Laying on the floor with my head resting on max
I look up and I know you'll soon pick me up sit me on your lap
Tell me a story and wait for me to nod off
Now I'm older and I still know that late at night
I can find you sitting listen to old music with a dog at your feet
I know I can still come and see you when I cant sleep either
You are my night owl, and like we say I never mind being a
night owl... its the waking up early that really puts a crick in it.
I love you daddy.

2 Comments:

At 5:23 PM , Blogger Mommy Emily said...

carolyn, this is probably the most beautiful post you've written yet. it made me want to cry. i hope you share this with your father--it would mean the world to him. xo

 
At 2:22 AM , Blogger Yang Kuo said...

carolyn, this is probably the most beautiful post you've written yet. it made me want to cry. i hope you share this with your father--it would mean the world to him. xo

เย็ดสาว

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home